Executive coaches routinely use feedback to enrich their reflective practice and professional development. Most of them actively seek developmental feedback from peers, mentors, supervisors and assessors. Yet, they neglect a key group of stakeholders who spend the most time observing them in practice: their clients.
This recording summarises the research findings and discuss practical methods for receiving valuable feedback to enhance your development as a coach.
The learning objectives of this recording are twofold:
- Increase awareness about the unique benefits of client feedback in relation to the reflective practice and professional development of the coach
- Introduce a structured protocol to capture client feedback during a coaching session
Dr Hélène Seiler
Dr. Hélène Seiler is an executive coaching practitioner and educator with 20 years of experience. As a practitioner, she delivers individual and group executive coaching worldwide for international and inter-governmental organizations. As an educator, in addition to being a certified supervisor of coaches and a mentor coach with the University of Texas at Dallas coaching certification program, she teaches coaching theory and quantitative research methods in the Human and Organizational Development doctoral program at Fielding University. She is a regular speaker at conferences and webinars in coaching associations and schools.
Key Learning Points & Benefits for Participants
This training is coach-specific in nature and will help coaches further develop their skills when working with their clients. Learning objectives include:
- Awareness about the unique benefits of client feedback in relation to the reflective practice and professional development of the coach
- Understand a structured protocol to capture client feedback during a coaching session
This training relates to the following core competencies:
- Embodies a coaching mindset
- Establishes and maintains the relationship
- Cultivates trust and safety
Relation to CCEU:
100% focused on training on ICF Core competencies (in the sense that we are focusing on how to collect and leverage client feedback data in service of becoming a more competent coach).