Panel discussion with Karen Mundine – CEO Reconciliation Australia, Jason Ardler – Founding Director, Thirriwirri and former Head of Aboriginal Affairs NSW and Kristal Kinsela – Christie – 2017 NSW Aboriginal Woman of the Year.
How can organisations, move beyond a focus on their own diversity policies and develop competence, in engaging with and developing potential and current indigenous employees? How can internal and external coaches support the development of indigenous employees?
This event was a dialogue and exploration of how we can use coaching and development practices to influence organisational culture and to improve career opportunities at the individual level for indigenous employees.
The session is relevant to everyone and will have special relevance to HR practitioners and coaches who are interested in improving indigenous employment outcomes.
This event included a panel discussion featuring:
- Karen Mundine – CEO at Reconciliation Australia
- Jason Ardler – Founding Director, Thirriwirri and former Head of Aboriginal Affairs NSW
- Kristal Kinsela – Christie 2017 NSW Aboriginal Woman of the Year working in the areas of coaching, education and training, and supplier diversity
- A fresh way of looking at how we perceive organisational and indigenous cultures
- A deeper understanding of cultural competence and intelligence
- Strategies for using coaching to improve indigenous outcomes