Coaching Children with ADHD
In this presentation, Tania Rowan (ACC) will explore ADHD coaching for kids, and emphasise the role of coaches in educating kids, parents, and teachers. She will discuss why executive function skills are essential life skills and how understanding executive dysfunction could be the missing link in helping teachers understand the impact of ADHD and providing better outcomes for students in educational settings. Attendees will gain confidence in working with kids and tools they can implement in their coaching practice immediately. Attendees will leave with strategies for engaging coaching sessions and ways to collaborate with schools that can lead to excellent outcomes for everyone.
Tania Rowan is an ICF-credentialed ADHD Coach with advanced coaching qualifications, a Bachelor of Social Science majoring in psychology, with ongoing studies in human behaviour, counselling and psychotherapy. Drawing from her personal experience with ADHD, Tania has a passion for helping children understand and their ADHD. Tania collaborates with schools, delivers trauma informed professional development workshops, and is dedicated to helping parents better understand ADHD. With 14 years of experience in the health and fitness industry and 30 years of teaching martial arts, Tania combines her multifaceted expertise to embody and empower clients to harness their strengths, overcome challenges, and achieve their goals.
Key Learning Takeaways
- Working with kids = working with families & teachers – the importance of helping parents and educators understand the impact of executive functioning on ADHD.
- Ways for coaches to engage kids in the coaching session
- Executive Dysfunction – The importance of teaching executive function skills as essential life skills in and out of the classroom.
- The Role of the ADHD Coach in Educating Our Educators to better help our clients
- Tools coaches can use in their coaching practice.
We understand things change and there are times when plans made don’t work out. If you need to cancel your ticket there will be a $30 administration fee charged. You are welcome to transfer or sell your ticket at no charge.
Please advise the event co-ordinator if you are no longer able to attend, wish to request a refund, have transferred or sold your ticket.
- If ticket price is under $30 – no refunds given
- Under 48 hrs – no refunds given
- If catering involved – a time limit of 1 week be set for no refunds given