That was the message from Helga Svendsen PCC, when Grace Thomas PCC, President, and David McMillan ACC, Membership Lead, for ICF Australasia Victoria, interviewed her for International Women’s Day 2018.
Helga is an amazing woman doing amazing work. She is a connector – connecting ideas to strategy, strategy to action, and people to each other – making the world a better place. Dynamic facilitator, supportive and challenging coach, effective trainer and engaging speaker, Helga brings her extensive and broad experience on boards, as a lawyer, community and organisations executive leadership roles to her Board Kickstarter and Board Accelerator programs.
A woman of many talents, Helga is a keen bushwalker having hiked Kokoda, Macchu Picchu and Oxfam Trailwalker. On top of all that, she has taught dance and completed at a national level modern jive.
And, ever the high achiever and high performance coach, since our interview in March 2018, Helga has achieved her ICF PCC credential. Congratulations, Helga.
It was indeed a delight to be speaking with her in celebration of International Women’s Day 2018.
What then were Helga’s key messages for all of us, especially women, on International Women’s Day?
- Coaching is important to everyone, particularly for women to build confidence to put ourselves out there.
- Group coaching enables women to support each other and know we are not alone.
- Confidence and belief in ourselves so we can make the world a better place/
- Advocates quotas on boards because women are not holding ourselves back – we are being held back.
- One of the biggest factors of success is our networks and how we use them.
She articulated three pieces of advice for women interested in going on to boards:
- Build confidence, get out there, network, shake the trees.
- Use your voice, skills and experience to make a difference.
- Do it. Just get out there and do it. Organisations need you on their boards!
Thank you, Helga, for being part of our celebration for International Women’s Day 2018.
How might you build your confidence, put yourself out there and make a difference today? “Do it. Just get out there and do it.” Helga says.
You can find out more about Helga and her offerings at helgasvendsen.com.au